Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Monday, November 19, 2007
- I attended at least 4 looooong musical practices and tweaked costumes.
- I attended dress rehearsal and 3 performances, all of which were at least 3 hours.
- I knitted half of mom's second sock.
- I knitted a few rows on the prayer shawl.
- I charted a new lace pattern for a stole for a friend.
- I worked on the triangle shawl pattern a bit.
- I bought a little bit of yarn and resisted some more.
- I got sicker than a dog and looked horrible enough for people to comment on it.
- I layed on the couch for two days doing nothing because I felt as rotten as I apparently looked. (I HATE being sick!)
- I made my bed for the first time in about 4 days. (If you knew me well, you would know that I RARELY-as in almost NEVER- leave my bed unmade. That is how crazy busy and sick I was.)
- I bought my first and only Christmas present this weekend. (Could I have an extension please?)
- I now have to wash and sort some musical costume stuff so I still don't have time to take pics and write a better post.
I am so thankful I don't have to cook the turkey this week! I don't have the energy. I will try very hard to take some pics in the next couple of days so my blog doesn't look so boring. Sigh.
Oh, just to add a little excitement.......there might be a contest coming up..........stay tuned.
Monday, November 05, 2007
Well, I hate them. Plain and simple. My girls think they are really cute, but I don't like them at all. I was going to knit my niece socks for Christmas, and she would really love these. They are totally her colors. However, she is only 8. These would be way too long. So, I made an executive decision to rip the toe off and shorten the foot to her size. That way I am 1/2 done with a gift, I won't have to feel bad that these just aren't me and everyone is happy! :)
I really like these! I will definitely make this pattern again. Maybe even for my sister for Christmas. I am pretty sure I have yarn in the stash for them and still plenty of time to make them.