Friday, February 08, 2008

TGIF

Don't you just love Fridays? I do. I get excited for the weekend, even if we don't have any big plans. The girls won't be home for dinner tonight (they both have to work, bummer), but we get to sleep in tomorrow, and usually I get lots of knitting time on the weekend.

I am winding down on a few projects here that I really want to work on. I want some FO's!!!

The blue sweater has one sleeve in, so now I just need to put in the other one, do the collar, and the buttonbands. I know this will take me a bit yet, just because this is my least favorite part of knitting a sweater. I am anxious to wear it though, so I will try to stick with it.

I did make these clogs for my friend who I clean with. I might try to embellish these a little with some needle felting. I will try to get a pic when I'm done.


The Thumbelina socks for Cath are zipping right along too. I am to the heel flap on the 2nd sock, so I know I will finish these this weekend. I still love this pattern and this yarn. These are a joy to work on.

We are supposed to get more yucky weather this weekend and early next week. Enough already!

This is what it looked like out my kitchen window before our snowday yesterday. Makes you just wish you lived in Michigan right? Hee.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brr. Lovely, though. Felted slippers seems just the thing for it.

Bea said...

I might have liked a snow day yesterday so I might have liked to be there then. It was and is 65 or so out today. No chance of snow or anything frozen here. The birds are starting to come back which is really nice.

Shea said...

Wow, what weather! Yes, I wish I lived there, for at least a couple of hours. That way I could avoid going out of the house and would have a few quiet knitting hours all to myself.

Kim said...

I cannot take anymore snow. Maybe I was meant to hibernate!

Shell said...

Oh Yes!! Please send it to me - yeah I am nuts but I love snow - hate ice.
Wow I love the clogs! Keep knitting!

Opal said...

Those clogs look great! You sure are having some nasty weather. You really should come and visit me. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I wish we would get some of that snow! Pretty sweater - and love the clogs!

Anonymous said...

Ick, we're supposed to get more of the nasty white stuff tonight, too! I'm ready for some warm weather.

Great knits you have there; I love the sweater! Great colors on the slippers.

Anonymous said...

I'd take the slippers and socks and put them all on :) Wool socks inside of nice, thick wool slippers is a treat and a half!

You can keep Michigan though - Massachusetts is bad enough :)

Alpaca Granny said...

Lisa, your spinning is gorgeous! Way to go woman. Are you going to Beth's spinning workshop next week? I will be there for the Friday session.

Marguerite said...

Great snow picture.

There are very subtle signs of spring around here. The birds have started some singing in the morning - just a little. The days are getting longer and... and... that's all I can think of as the thermometer plumets to single digits today.

It is great knitting weather.

Nancy @ the Jersey Shore said...

I am jealous of your snow! We're snow deprived this year at the central NJ coast. Your knitting is lovely. Thank you for your comment on my #300, and for your knitting tip!
~Nancy