Saturday, June 21, 2008

No excuses

I have no good excuses for being absent again. I just plain didn't feel like blogging. I have been spinning and knitting and Ravel-ing, and I just haven't taken the time to blog.
-
I did finish my Rusted Root.
Apologies for the crappy-in-the-bathroom-mirror shot. I still need The Sporty One to take a good pic for me. I really love it! It fits great and it's such a cute pattern. I can actually see myself making another one, but maybe I will switch out the lace pattern or something to mix it up a little. I highly recommend the pattern. It's really fun and easy!
-
I've also been working on a lace project. Here's a little peek.
I have a row of tinking to do and then a new bind off and I will be finished with it. More info later on that one.
-
I've been spinning some more too. I cannot believe how much I enjoy it.
This is an attempt at a chunkier yarn.

I navajo plied that one and it's ok, but not my best.
-
I tried another thicker yarn using a modified long draw (I think). I used a pastel roving and plied it with plain white mill ends.

With the white in there, the colors are very soft. I might try a Baby Surprise Jacket with it. It's quite cute in person.
-
And finally, my first thread plied yarn.

I had some Karaoke that I got in a class with Abby at The Spinning Loft. I plied it with some sewing thread and now I have about 440 yds, which I hope will be enough for an airy scarf. It's really soft and the colors are really saturated. I think it will be pretty. Now to find the right pattern.......

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, ooh, pretty. As for bathroom mirror shots, that's what the mirrors are there for, right?

Alpaca Granny said...

Lisa, I'm really impressed with your Navaho plying. I really stink at that even though I practice all the time.
Maple

Opal said...

Everything is so beautiful! The sweater, the shawl, all the handspun. I'm especially impressed with the Navajo plying and the thread plied yarn. I swear I'm going to attempt that Navajo plying soon. It's just that it looks so scawy!

Kim said...

WOW! You have been busy. Your spinning is absolutely gorgeous and Rusted Root turned out so cute. Maybe you ARE a sweater knitter?

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

wow Lisa! You are truley awsome! I love the sweater! (wish i had your figure!) your spinning is beautiful as usual. Im so jelous of you! Love marion

Anonymous said...

Rusted Root look fantastic and fits you perfectly!

You've really been busy with the spinning! I really love the pastels plied with the white.

Anonymous said...

Great projects! The RR looks fantastic on you!

Karen said...

I LOVE the thread plied yarn. I've always wanted to give that a try and even more so now.

Rusted Root came out great! Very flattering on you too!

Kucki68 said...

The sweater looks great on you! Very nice pattern and it fits well.

Jenny Raye said...

The sweater is really cute! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Your Rusted Root looks great! Nice pattern and beautiful job knitting :)

Sure are spinning up a storm :)

Catherine Kerth said...

wow! you've been busy! spinning and rusted root.... they look FANTASTIC!