Friday, April 04, 2008

I make good yarn!

Me! I can make good yarn! And it's not just me saying that.
-
This past weekend I went to a spinning class at the FABULOUS Spinning Loft. It wasn't just any old class either. It was a spinning-for-socks class with Abby. THE ABBY! ABBY FRANQUEMONT Abby! (Breathe in, breathe out. I'm ok.)

Can ya tell I am a little starstruck? I grabbed her and made her have her picture taken with me. This woman is amazing. Not only is she a fantastic teacher, she makes gorgeous batts, writes a great blog, and produces wonderful videos.
-
So anyhoo, at this class, we learned a TON! How to spin long wearing yarn, how to spin a sproingy yarn, how to preserve color in a roving, long draw, navajo plying...yeah...all that!
-
I took along some of my yarn to show Miss Beth the spinning queen. It was this yarn, the 3rd one I spun.
Not only did Miss Beth tell me I did a nice job, so did Abby! She even said it on her blog! She used the word impeccable and my yarn in the same sentence! Eeek! I couldn't be more excited. I think I actually almost peed my pants. It was a wonderful day and I would take another class from her in a heartbeat. Between Beth and Abby, we were truly in the midst of mega knowledge and talent. Sigh.........
-
I could talk all day about that class, but I will stop gushing.
-
I do have something else to talk about. I even have another FO to share. Eh, not a great one, but hey it's finished right?

Simple stockinette socks for my niece. Boring by yarn used from stash and a gift finished. That can't be all bad right?
-
Well I'm off to work on another secret project. I will share when I can.

12 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

OH how exciting! I knew all of this about your yarn but i know it helps to have a expert tell you!!! Congratulations!!! I love you socks. Man Lisa you are alway amazing me time after time. I am truely in awe of you!!! Marion

Beth said...

You're a rock star!

Shell said...

Soooo does this mean you will finally believe me when I tell you your yarn looks good?????
Hehe
Way to go!!

Opal said...

Superstar!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, and yes, that is gorgeous and gorgeously-spun yarn. Well done! And if you think those socks are boring, I'm hoping your niece doesn't like them either and that you find you desperately need someone with size 6.5 to 7ish feet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun class - and your yarn is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Of course you make good yarn - you make gorgeous yarn!

Pretty cute socks too :)

Suzanne said...

I will echo what has been said many times here, your yarn is beautiful. I have no idea what all the spinning talk is,lol, but I love the end results. Keep spinning!! Glad you had so much fun, too!!
Suzanne

Kim said...

It sounds like you had so much fun (and learned a lot too). You deserve the praise - your yarn is fabulous!

Karen said...

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful class. Lucky You! And way to go on your yarn!!!

Catherine Kerth said...

so when are you making your spins avaiable for sale to the general public ;) heheheheheh

Mz Mar said...

Your yarn is beautiful!! Makes me want to try a wheel!!
oh no, not another project!!