Saturday, February 10, 2007

I am not a model

Here is the proof (giggle).

I love my new sweater. I still have not blocked it. I know, terrible of me, but I have had SO MUCH other laundry to do. The sweater is last on the list. It doesn't look that bad pre-blocked, but the seams and neck band need a little help. I also need to get some buttons for it, I just haven't had the time or the desire to get out for them. I can't even decide if I want white, colored, or metal buttons yet. What do you think? This will definitely be a spring/summer sweater....what would look the best?

This is the only part I like about doing laundry.


I just love seeing all my handknit socks lined up on the rack like that. It just makes me happy. Can you tell we really like to wear our handknits here. This is less than one weeks worth of sock laundry. I say why choose store bought if you have these lovelies to wear. I am almost done with the Koigu socks too,. Yay, one more pair to choose from soon!

7 comments:

Marguerite said...

Nice sweater. But where is your head?

The sweater looks like it's going to fit perfect once it's blocked. Bet you'll get lots of use out of it.

Buttons? I think white would distract from the lacy border. Either colored or metal would be my choice.

Alicia said...

Beautiful sweater and nice socks too. =) I think colored or wood buttons would look nice.

Chris said...

Gorgeous sweater, even unblocked! Now if it were me, I think I would go with something completely different, maybe some nice pearl shank buttons... but that is just me!

Hand knit socks are my favorite thing about laundry day too! They just look so bright and cheerful drying, almost like they can't wait to be worn again ;)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love your sweater! Such a pretty colour! Why not try the pearlized type of buttons (I think that's what they are called)...maybe you can find some that are close to the colour of the sweater, or even white ones...

Karen said...

Your sweater looks great! I was trying to remember a few weeks ago who it was that was making that sweater. I love that pattern and will be making it someday! As for buttons, I have to have the sweater with me or a swatch when I am choosing.

Anonymous said...

Your sweater is just lovely :) I first thought white buttons but then I thought - what about mother-of-pearl? Would that work?

Even unblocked it looks pretty spiffy!

Opal said...

Gorgeous sweater. Like, Shelley, I think pearlized buttons would look really pretty with it.