Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas Fun!

A Christmas meme (found various places in blogland)

I had so much fun reading the answers to these questions on other blogs, I hope more people do it!

1. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Um, he is the big kahuna, he has his elves do it.
2. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
Well I prefer white lights, but I like the colored ones if they are tastefully done. My pet peeve is when people have all sorts of mismatched lights randomly scattered around their trees and yard. I especially hate it when all the lights on a tree match except for one strand. Gah!
3. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Well that is hard, because I am a huge holiday baker. I can't pick just one either, because my favorite food besides sweets during the holidays, is appetizers. I just love them! Meatballs, shrimp, those little bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, cheese balls, you name it, I probably like it!
4. What is your favorite Holiday memory as a child?
That would be opening up my Ballerina Barbie. She was just so beautiful with her little gold crown and her fluffly white tutu with gold trim. I just loved her. (just a little bit more than my Baby Alive)
5. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Actually this depends on the year at our house. We schedule our own family gifts around all the other parties, so sometimes yes, sometimes no.
6. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Our tree has all white lights, and ornaments to match my family room. Lots of gold, crystal, and shades of rusty red, and a big gold scrolly star on top.
7. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
I actually like it until the end of January or so. After that it can just go away.
8. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
My favorite would have to be all the goodies I make, especially my grandma's toffee recipe, peanut brittle, and fudge!
9. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Oh how hard to pick just one. Maybe O Holy Night, I really love that one.
10. Candy canes! yuck or yum?
Eh, I could take them or leave eating them. But they are such a part of Christmas, I would never want them to disappear.
11. Favorite Christmas tradition growing up:

Being together as a family. I loved it when I would get to see my cousins from out of state, being with a really big group, and
12. Breakfast or presents first?
Breakfast. A girl's gotta eat!

I really love Christmas. There is so much meaning behind it, it is such a wonderful season of family togetherness, and it is just so beautiful! The lights, trees, music, parties, food, surprises....I can't even decide what part is my favorite, because I love it all!

1 comment:

Knitting Rose said...

I love the clogs - can't wait to see them felted! Your baking sounds like an adventure in itself. Have fun!