Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Maybe TMI?

Ok, I am giving you fair warning. This post could be filed under the Too Much Information category. So, if you don't want to read any further, I understand.

You can probably tell that I have been a little lackluster in the posting category lately. It's actually a combination of things, including a bit of post-holiday letdown. In addition to that.....

*Things have been a little, shall we say, overwhelming in the extended family situation. Some family members are just plain difficult to deal with sometimes. We will leave it at that in case said person(s) happen to read this blog. Highly unlikely, but not worth the risk.

*In the knitting category, I am a little burned out. After crunching out the Christmas gifts, well, I need a little break. I am waiting til the overwhelming urge to knit like a madwoman hits me again. So far, it hasn't. Sigh..... I feel uninspired and highly unmotivated. All is not lost however, as yarn, books, and browsing still tempt me bunches. I have been filing away all sorts of good knitting ideas for when the urge returns. I wish it would hurry though.....

*Health has also been an issue. Due to a new medication I am taking (which I will be calling the Dr. about very soon), I have been having frequent and annoying headaches. Quite frankly, they are really wearing on me. I am hoping to be off the medication soon, which will probably result in a small outpatient surgery, but hopefully it will alleviate both the headaches and the need for the meds. Enough said.

Sorry if I bored you with way too much info. I hope to be feeling better, getting the knitting urge back, and posting some great stuff again soon. Does anyone have anything really inspiring to share with me? Maybe it will help!

5 comments:

Christine said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and about the medication causing headaches. Sometimes side effects are just as bad as what you are taking the medication for. I hope that the doctor is able to resolve this for you and that you will be feeling much better soon!

And for family members.... yeah, I have a few like that myself!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I do hope that you are able to get rid of those headaches soon, with or without the medication being stopped.

I've decided that the knitting I will be doing for the next little while will be selfish - for me. It might be something that I want to make just because (not because I have to get it done for anything in particular, like Christmas), or it might be something for myself (such as a bag). Tonight I'm not feeling much like knitting though, probably due to my mood. I do hope you get some inspiration soon. Feel free to check out two fo the gifs I made for my friends on my blog...maybe they'll give you some inspiration (not necessarily to do those patterns)...

Diane said...

Hope you feel better soon. Difficult extended family members? We all have at least one. I think it's a family law or something.

Jenny Raye said...

Hope your doctor is able to make a healthy medicine change for you, and that your knitting mojo soon returns from it's Christmas vacation.

Opal said...

It's never a bore to hear about you. I hope things start looking up soon and that your doctor can do something about that medication. As for the family? Eh. Find me when I'm on AIM if you need a shoulder. :-)