Friday, January 13, 2006

My Other Self

Warning...rant ahead.

So.....I have been accused of having a little Jekyll/Hyde thing going on when it comes to driving. I am usually an easy-going person, but when I get behind the wheel apparently my personality tends to change. I do not have road rage, hurt people, or drive badly.....I just get really annoyed with other drivers. For example....brought Lauren to work today....5 miles from home. During that measly 5 miles I encountered 3 stupid drivers. One lady was continually speeding up and then putting on her brakes for like a mile. Another elderly gentleman in a truck was going at least 10 under the speed limit and weaving while digging for something on the seat next to him. Yet another male driver had his brake lights on (I had no idea why because he didn't use his turn signal) and proceeded to come to almost a complete stop before turning in front of me. These are just a few examples of the kind of drivers that make me want to pull my hair out. I have also been accused of being overly critical of the driving habits of other people. I just think that if you don't know how to drive properly - STAY OFF THE ROAD!!! I'm just sayin'.

Ok.....now that I have that off my chest, isn't knitting great? It is so relaxing after a bad day on the road. Especially socks. I have cast on for the Whitby socks from Knitting on the Road. They look really cute so far. I started them in LL Sport in cream. That yarn is really soft - I hope it wears okay. I'm a little nervous though, they look kinda small. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: