Monday, February 20, 2006

Glad Raggs and jealousy.........

Yay! I finished them! Glad Raggs socks from the SixSoxKAL. Done in Fortissima Socka, color #1080. I love the tweedy black/brown mixture. Sometimes you just need some, um, conservative socks. These will go great with my brown slacks.



Here's a close up of the stitch pattern:



Excuse the pasty white leg! Wow am I pale! Michigan winters, what can I say? I love the cuffs on these socks too. Just a little variation of ribbing adds some very nice detail. I will definitely knit this pattern again. Very simple, easy to memorize and it would look great in a lot of different yarns.

AND I'M JEALOUS!

Yupp, I admit it, I have blogger jealousy. I'm not super popular like the Harlot........ I can't design socks like the Sockbug............. I am no whiz at figuring out patterns and errors like Grumpy........... I just love to knit, read about knitting, shop for yarn, drool over the projects of others, and maintain my humble little blog here. I truly don't want to become as popular as the aforementioned bloggers, because frankly, I don't have enough computer knowledge to do it. These ladies are smart knitters and computer savvy. Not me....sigh. I still can't even figure out how to make a button for myself, much less add it to my blog. Give a girl credit for trying though.

I was reading another blog the other day and boy was I jealous in a whole new way! This blogger had been gifted several skeins of STR! Can you believe it? How do you find readers who like you enough to part with an ultra-coveted sock yarn like STR? I know that knitters are some of the most generous people on earth, but seriously! And in case you're wondering, I do have my own little stash of STR. I think a total of 4 skeins. One might even get some socking attention today.

1 comment:

sheep#100 said...

I have one hank of STR that I won in a contest on a blog. It is so precious it is sitting in the sock stash all wrapped in its tissue paper, insulated from the lesser sock yarns.