Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I LOVE MAIL!

Oh, yes I do! Yesterday I received 2, yes 2, packages in my mailbox. Oh the thrill of carefully opening them to see what's inside. I knew both of them were coming, but only knew what one of them contained. (and had already forgotten about it - no short term memory here) Um yeah, the first one contained this:



Ooooh, I'm so excited! My wonderful friend Jeanie sent me my very own spindle and some BFL to practice on. Believe me when I say, I need LOTS of practice. Isn't she just the sweetest?
And up close:



Isn't she, my little spindle, just beautiful? My friend Ann will ask if I named her, (unless that is only for spinning wheels) so I have to think of the perfect name. I've decided it is a she, because it is too beautiful to be a boy. Maybe I will name her Jasmine from Aladdin because my friend Jeanie gave her to me. Get it? Jeanie in the bottle...haha, I know I am a strange one. I can't wait to try her out. I may stay home this afternoon, just so I can practice.

And the 2nd package contained this:



Yumm. 2 skeins of CTH sock yarn in Peacock and Country Garden. Another knitter wanted to get rid of these (for a very good price) and I couldn't say no. I only have made one pair of socks with CTH. It was very nice to work with, so I'm glad I get to use it again.

Um, does anyone know of a cure for a sock yarn obsession?

1 comment:

Jenny Raye said...

Ohhhh, I want to learn to spin! Have you tried drop spinning already or will your new spindle be your first go at it? What are the first steps for someone who has never learned, but wants to?

And no, I don't think there is a cure for sock yarn obsession. Even though I'm on a sock yarn diet, I already have some I want to buy. Just gotta keep that cc holstered.