Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A little Meme

I found this Meme over at Jen's blog today. I though it was kinda cute.

Take a look around you. Apart from your computer and its peripherals, and your computer desk/table/milk crate and chair, what, in order of their physical closeness, are the five things nearest to you right now?

1. Digital camera

2. Fingernail clipper (I have a serious hang nail problem!)

3. Small white dog (otherwise known as my shadow or Brodie)

4. Kleenex (grrr allergies stink!)

5. Diet Coke (haha there is ALWAYS a Diet Coke near me!)

You're it if you want to be!

In knitting news:

I started a new pair of socks in Opal Petticoat #1290. I only have a few rows done beyond the cuff. I am trying the Retro Rib pattern from IK Winter '04. No opinion yet. I'm just not far enough. I like the yarn though.



Happy little yarn, isn't it? I love the colors!

I am also making a shrug for myself. I may or may not look ridiculous in a shrug. Only time will tell. I have it a little over half done. I'm just winging it. So far I like it. I'm a little worried I may have a curling problem with it though.


















I am hoping a little blocking and having it stretched over a not-tiny body will help. (I just hope the belly chub won't hang out the bottom all disgusting like....ewww.)

P.S. Do you ever have it that reading blogs seriously cuts into your own knitting and blogging time? Ooooh.....I have it bad. But you all are so interesting!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sockyarn. I knitted my first pair of socks with petticoat...and it was a joy...happy colors - happy knitter ;o)

Cheers, Randi

LinknKnits said...

But where would we go for inspiration if we didn't read knit blogs? :-)

Love the sock yarn; can't wait to see them finished!