Monday, October 09, 2006

He is Happy!

Parker is happy. I finished felting a pair of slippers for him last night.



I still need to shape them a bit better, but I think they will work for him. I am glad I got them done, he has been bugging me like crazy. I wish I had gotten a pic of him wearing the pre-felted slipper as an elf hat last night. It was hilarious.

I also felted the big bag. So far, NOT SO GOOD! The top of the bag is really baggy and the bottom seems perfect. I'm not sure why. I just know it looks like poo. I think I will run it through another cycle and see if it improves. If not, I may have to cut a piece out of each side near the top (unless one of you has a better idea for me).

I am also working on some socks for Catherine. They are knitting up so fun and funky. There is kinda a lightning bolt thing swirling around the sock. Looks to me like this colorway should be called Stormy Night instead of just night lol. Cool stuff huh?



If you're interested you can find her stuff here.

PS:
HELP!!!! I have an emergency request! Would anyone happen to have an extra skein of Berroco Touche yarn in the light turquoise color (7906) lying around? Dyelot #79023 if possible. I would be happy to buy it from you! I have been looking everywhere around here with no luck!!!! (and there is nothing worse than being one skein short of finishing a sweater - sob!)

5 comments:

aija said...

The lightning sock is cool! :)

Karen said...

The slippers came out great. That is one of my favorite patterns.
I can't help you with the yarn you need....sorry.

Natalie said...

I had the same problem with my last felted bag. I sewed some tucks in the corners to help make it the right shape (see the post about my felted mitered square bag on my blog).

Diane said...

Love the slippers. I always have the same issue with my felted bags. I was reading somewhere that if you take and stitch in the top of the bag before throwing in the washer it'll hold it's shape better. Haven't tried it yet but I will next time.

Catherine Kerth said...

I love the felted slippers! parker is going to be cozy this winter ;).... nice socks too!