Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Yumm....a new recipe

The other night I didn't know what to have for dinner. We were having one of those busy nights with soccer and musical practice etc. I had left over turkey breast that I had baked and had for dinner the night before. I took it all off the bone and cut it into strips. A casserole wasn't really what I wanted, so I made up a sandwich.

Southwest Turkey Club

Turkey breast strips
Swiss or Provolone cheese slices
Bacon, cooked and drained
Lettuce
Tomato
Sliced bell peppers (I used red ones)

Sauce:
3Tbl. mayo
2Tbl. salsa
Mix together really well.

Take 2 slices of your favorite bread and toast it.
Layer on above ingredients.
Or you could put your sandwich together first and then grill it.
Enjoy!

My family loved this sandwich. It is very good and was a nice change for us. If you have a panini maker, I think it would be even better. Or you could do it like a grilled cheese sandwich too. We just ate them with chips and pickles for a fast and easy meal. It would be great with a bowl of your favorite soup too.

I love fast and easy meals, so I thought I would share this one with you. The next time I make it, I will try to take a picture. Knitting progress next post!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Boy that does sound good .... and easy to make too!