Thursday, October 05, 2006

Three men and a monkey

No, just kidding. It's really 2 kids and a dog. That's what it takes to get a picture of how big my bag is pre-felting.



Parker and Brodie can both fit inside, and Alex was helping to hold up the sides. The kids thought this was hilarious. They asked why I could possibly want a bag that big. Wait til they see it after I shrink it! The joys of felting.

The Bearfoot socks are finished too. I cannot tell you how much I love this yarn. I can't wait to wear these socks.



Pattern: More Fun Than Cables Socks
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Pheasant
These took me a couple of weeks to complete. Normally I think this pattern would go much quicker, but with the musical and costume stuff, I haven't had enough time to knit!

Hopefully I will have a much smaller bag to show you tomorrow, and a couple of other things too. (If I get through that giant pile of regular laundry, eeek!)

6 comments:

Vilma said...

Looking forward to see the bag after it has been felted! :)

I sent you email regarding the translation of my Södera Socks' pattern. The pattern will be translated in English in the near future, I just don't know yet who'll be doing the translating, I or someone else.

Karen said...

That is a BIG bag!

Your socks came out great. I love Bearfoot too. It makes a very soft and warm sock.

Marguerite said...

Looks like you've been a busy knitter. Love the socks. Looking forward to seeing the felted bag.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wow, that IS a big bag...lol. Can't wait to see it post felting! Love the socks, and the colours used!!!!

Catherine Kerth said...

thats too funny! they fit in the bag! love the socks... the color is great... and the cables compliment it soooo well!

Jeri said...

New to your blog and maybe you know this... MC barefoot IS said to be machine washable, and it is, but after just a few washes, that mohair kicks in and obscures knitting patterns. I'm not sure you'll see your lovely cables. Not sayin' it not nice sock yarn. And I have more barefoot to knit. But I'll be keeping the knitting simpler, if it's not going to show...