Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Questions answered

Some of you had some questions for me, so I will try to answer them here. If you have other questions, please email me through the link in the sidebar. Sometimes I can't email you back through the comments.

First of all, thank you all so much for the compliments on the scarf. I am glad you liked it. I was a little nervous putting the pattern up, because you never know if other people will like the same things that you do. Whew, what a relief! Okay, on to the questions.....

*A few of you had trouble with the stitch pattern on the scarf. - I reworded it a little, so I hope it makes more sense now.

*Jeri asked "you knitted two skeins of Manos into it but one strand at a time, right?" - Yes, one strand at a time.

*AmyS asked "I see P3tog but no increases. Are you supposed to purl each stitch separately, rather than together, the second time?" - No, when you don't drop the stitches on the first purl 3 together, then wrap the yarn around the needle again, then re-purl those 3 stitches together, you still end up with 3 stitches.

*maryse asked if I did the picot edge on the Fethching fingerless gloves. - No I didn't. I had heard that some other knitters didn't really like the picot, and I didn't like the way it flared out around the fingertips either, so I just did a regular bind-off. I like them that way, and it was much easier too.

I hope I didn't forget to answer anyone. Just email me if you have other questions. Have a great day everyone!

*The link to the What-knot scarf pattern is now in the sidebar - YAY!

No comments: