Friday, August 25, 2006

A little update

First of all I want to thank everyone for your comments. I am no Harlot or Grumpy with a bajillion commenters, but I sure appreciate the ones I do have. I read every single one of them. I wish I had time to respond to each one personally, but usually I don't. Maybe when school starts again. (Although, if your email isn't public, I can't anyway.) Just wanted you to know, that I love my blogging friends, ya all are so special.....awwww.

Secondly, yes, I am knitting, and yes it still involves some dishcloths. Is there a 12-step program for people like me?

Next up, the small haul from the Michigan Fiber Festival. You see, I was trying to be REALLY good. The stash is a bit out of control here. I did good, yupp, I only bought three things when I was there. One was a set of needles (haha for those dishcloths no less), I also bought a skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the Granite Peak colorway. I love Bearfoot!



Yummy stuff! Next I bought some fiber that I just couldn't stop petting in Toni's booth. This stuff was just so soft and the colors were beautiful.



I think I have about 9 oz of it, and I am so sorry, I should have written it down, because now I can't even remember what this stuff is! I just know that I am going to spin it someday. Someday meaning when I don't totally suck at it anymore.

There were a lot more really tempting things there, but I really needed to control myself, so I can knit up that stash!

I worked at our local county fair yesterday, in our school's food booth. It was a lot of fun, but I am still a little tired today. Haha, I'm a wimp. I might have to take Parker back today, so he can go on some rides and see the animals. I love the fair.

My dad is doing well. His thumb is healing slowly. The doctor thinks he will need another 4 weeks of healing before he can use it. There is quite a gap at the break that needs to fill in with new bone yet. At least he can work a bit though, so he isn't insane yet hehe.

I hope to get some knitting time in today. I finally turned the heel on my STR socks last night. I don't know why I was putting that short-row heel off. It went really well once I got going on it. Now I can fly through the foot portion. Maybe I will have enough progress for a pic tomorrow.

1 comment:

Opal said...

I love that fiber you got and the yarn is deliciuos. Don't worry about getting back to me about my comments. I can always catch up with you on AIM :-)