Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I bought myself a present!

Haha, Happy Birthday to me! I was at TJ Maxx yesterday (love that store!), and found this:

This is a really nice book! And what a hoot! A $30 knitting book at TJ Maxx for only $16.99! So woot! I bought it! I just couldn't pass it up. I spent a while looking at it last night after my birthday dinner. I think it was well worth the price!

Sorry, no other knitting content. My dad smashed his hand today at work and is going in for surgery in about 30 min. So I am off to the hospital with mom and sis to pick him up. He was working about an hour from here when he hurt it, so he is in the hospital up there. Maybe my sis will drive so I can knit....I can always hope! And yes, I feel like a whining broken record. How much can happen to one family?! Good grief....sigh.

7 comments:

JeanTownsend said...

I am very sorry that your dad hurt his hand. give him a special hug. I sure hope all is better tomorrow.

Jenny Raye said...

What a great find, congrats :o)

Hope your dad's hand is better soon.

Kerry said...

Happy, happy belated birthday! Hope your dad is doing well. Wonderful news for your cousin! I sincerely hope his condition only improves.

Karen said...

Hope the surgery went ok!

I read a week or so ago about someone else finding knitting books at TJ Maxx. I would have never thought to look for books there. I will now though!

Oh, and Happy Belated Birthday!

Catherine Kerth said...

JEALOUS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

what a find on that book! i may have to venture to a TJ Maxx and see if it was only at your store. i hope your father heals quickly and with ease.

Anna said...

Happy birthday! That's a fabulous book! I don't know if just Firefox but it's very tough to read your blog with the background!