Sunday, August 13, 2006

On the road again....

Well sorta. We leave for camping again today, Yippee! We are going to the state park beach campground in Holland this time. I haven't camped there for a few years so I am anxious to try it again. I will be going with a bunch of Steve's family. Should be fun!

I have already packed some knitting projects. I need some new dishcloths and hope to give a few to my SIL's so I will be taking along a bunch of cotton. I might make some potholders too. I will have to see how much my hands can take. Usually knitting dishcloths = ouch hands for me.

I have been making a little progress on some of my projects.


I have another 3 repeats done on the simple shawl. This pattern is so easy and quite fun actually. I am going to have to switch needles soon. This circular is getting a little short for how wide the shawl is now. Plus the stupid thing has the most ornery cable I have ever seen! I am sick of fighting the twist in it. It is like wrestling/knitting. I wish I could pin it out better for you to see, but I just don't have the time right now.

New socks YAY!!!!



I started a new pair and I really like how they are coming out. I forget how wonderful STR is to work with until I use it again, and then it is like "Ahhhh.....yes, this is why I love this stuff so much!". I think this is the Highway 30 colorway. It is really beautiful. Shades of burgandy, rust, rose, and greens. Very nice! Those gals sure know how to dye some yarn!

Well I really need to get packing. I am trying to do a hurry-up post (in case you hadn't noticed from the less-than-stellar photos). I shouldn't even be on the computer this morning, but what can I say, it's an addiction hehe.

Be back in a week or so. I think we are coming home Fri night, or early Sat morning. Then I will be off to the Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan. I will be meeting a bunch of my knitting friends there, including my good friend J. I just can't wait! We are going to have so much fun!

4 comments:

sheep#100 said...

I'm thinking of making two dishcloths and stitching them together to become a potholder too.

Have fun.

Mei Travis said...

Love those STR socks too! Have a great time camping & knitting, and when you get back, I'll send your yarn prize - finally.

Natalie said...

The sock looks great...what pattern is that?

Karen said...

The projects are coming along nicely. I love the str colorway.
Have fun on your camping trip!