Thursday, August 03, 2006

Scary crazy!

Life here has just been scary crazy! Like crazier than that weird lady I saw in the grocery store parking lot the other night. She was weaving around, carrying a bag, singing with her head tilted to one side. I seem to have this freakishly keen radar for these people. No kidding, in the last few weeks I have spotted at least 4 of these odd people when I am out and about. For a bit there DD Lauren and I thought we had some type of magnetic force that attracts them. Weird!

Despite my less than normal/perfect life, I have been knitting.....a little.



I am on the heel flap of some new socks in some Opal yarn. I am using a new stitch pattern but I have no idea what it is called. It would probably show up better in a more solid yarn, but oh well. I like them anyway!

I also had a bit of a lace craving. When I saw the Swallowtail Shawl in the new IK, I was soooo tempted. I like small shawls and this one is so cute! (Am I allowed to describe a lace shawl as cute? I hope I am not offending any die hard lace knitters out there!)



Didn't get too far yet did I...hehe snort? I only got to work on it for a few minutes. I hope my edging will be loose enough. I have no clue how to tell. Help?

P.S. While shopping last night I discovered yet again that some ladies do not follow the cardinal rule of leaving the public restroom as clean as you found it! What is wrong with these people! It isn't that hard to get the toilet paper in the hole is it? And while assuming "the stance" (you know the one where you are hovering just above the toilet so you couldn't possibly touch even one tiny spot of your skin on it while your not-so-young-anymore thighs are shaking uncontrollably?) if you happen to sprinkle, please clean it up! And do not under any circumstances, stick anything on the walls!

4 comments:

Catherine Kerth said...

LOL!!!!! cracks me up... no pun intended! i love that shawl, going to be super cute!

bunchkin said...

I know what you mean about weird people. I seem to have that magnetic effect also. Wednesday at the mall a man walked up to me, bowed, made the sign of the cross, said hallelujah and then walked away. What the heck? Why me?

JeanTownsend said...

If you lived in my city, Detroit, the weird people percentage surely would go up. I see that many of them before I get to my car in the morning.

Jenny Raye said...

What a hoot!!! Call the stance squats and your exercise is done for the day!