Saturday, April 01, 2006

I'm so excited!

I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! (Sorry, I just slipped off to Pointer Sister's land there for a second.) I really am excited though. My blog was featured on the Opal Chatters April newsletter today, and that means I win a skein of Opal yarn. I can't wait to see what kind they send me! I'm secretly hoping for something springy or a solid, but whatever they send I will love!

Speaking of Opal, my current pair of socks, in Brasil #5001, are coming along nicely. I am now on the heel flap of the second sock. This yarn is so cute! It would make such cute baby stuff! Here they are so far:



I think I got them to match perfectly too. I love it when that happens! I guess I'm a matchy kind of girl. I know a lot of people like it when they don't match, but not me. Nope. I don't like pooling either. It really drives me nuts. So do you like identical or fraternal socks bettter? Pooling or no pooling? Leave me a comment and let me know. Have a wonderful, knitterly weekend everyone!!!!!!!

6 comments:

soapy said...

Congrats! I never win anything on Opalchatters... JUst not lucky I guess.....lol

Melanie said...

Pretty socks! My feelings on identical vs fraternal socks has more to do with the yarn - I think fraternal socks look better with yarn with lots of colors in it - you don't notice the socks don't quite match.

Marguerite said...

I have fun getting my socks to match and most times they do. I can live with fraternal socks if I have to, but I think most pooling is just plain ugly.

Kris said...

Hmmm, it really depends on the yarn. With a handpaint, I am fine with fraternal socks. But if I am using something like regia or opal, I prefer that they match. Pooling - depends on the project and the extent of it. I can live with it on the sole, but if it is all the way down the ankle - out it comes.

But on the other hand, I have a baby hat that I am doing where it pooled dramatically on the ribbing, but I really kind of like it.

Anonymous said...

Matching?? Definately...if they are clean, they match!!
Hugs Jeane

Anonymous said...

Those are great pick me up socks!
What pattern did you use?
I am also in a sock slump and these look like the perfect ticket!

Thanks Lorrie
Lorrieu@chartermi.net